Changing the time in your Volkswagen instrument cluster
Daylight saving time occurred a few days ago, but if you’re like many, changing the time in your car is probably the last thing you do. You may not even notice it’s off until you’re on the road, which is a terrible time to go fiddling with controls. Fortunately, changing the time in your Volkswagen instrument cluster is simple and automatically adjusts the time in both your infotainment system and any analog clocks.
How to reset your Volkswagen clock for daylight saving time
[Other How-To Tips: How to use your VW Bluetooth feature]
There are many things we don’t like about DST, but the fact that we have to remember every clock in our life may be one of the top things that irks us. Still, it won’t take more than a few seconds to change over your clock if you follow these simple steps:
- With the ignition turned on, press the button on your instrument cluster at the right. For most this will be a Menu/Clock button at the bottom right of the panel, but the Beetle has it under the speedometer.
- On the left, press the 0.0/Set button to change the hour. One press will set the clock forward, while holding will fast forward to flip through the numbers faster.
- Press the Menu/Clock button again to adjust the minutes.
- Again, press the 0.0/Set button to adjust, pressing once to change slowly and holding to fast forward.
- Hit the Menu/Clock button to complete the procedure.
This is the quickest way to change the time on your Volkswagen instrument panel, but you can also use the multifunction keys on the keyboard to find the Time settings within the Settings menu. Here you can also set the clock to 24-hour mode or turn on the daylight saving function so it will adjust automatically. For some models, adjusting the time through the steering wheel controls will only adjust the time based on the key used.
Depending on your model this can be a bit different, as you can see in the video showing how to adjust the time through the Golf infotainment system. Here you simply press the Menu button and adjust the time through the Setup menu.
Any questions on how to adjust the clock in your Volkswagen? Drop us a comment here at the Napleton Volkswagen Springfield Blog and we’ll help you trouble shoot. Until then, check out more of our tips and tricks to learn how to use various features.